Sheltowee Business Network FAQ

We ask that as a Mentor you dedicate at LEAST 3 hours per month to the network. This minimal amount of time would include learning about the tools available, providing feedback to the company, and providing feedback to Explorers and Entrepreneurs who submit ideas and businesses. The decision as to whether to spend time mentoring specific entrepreneurs is at the sole discretion of the Mentor. The baseline time commitment is to provide feedback through surveys and e-mails. We encourage Mentors to invite new entrepreneurs to join as Explorers and utilize our Mentorship Platform. Also, if there are specific entrepreneurs who come through the network, and you see that you have a particular interest in that entrepreneur, we encourage you to dedicate some time to helping them.

We ask that when you invite someone to the Mentorship platform that you review their Mentorship form, and spend at least one hour with them in person. Any time above one hour is at the sole discretion of the Mentor.

We ask that additional services be run through the Sheltowee Business Network. You can arrange your own pricing and deliverables. The Sheltowee Business Network takes 10% of fees generated by our Mentors and the remaining 90% is paid to the Mentor.

A minimum viable product (MVP) is a product with just enough features to satisfy early customers, and to provide feedback for future product development. Gathering insights from an MVP is often less expensive than developing a product with more features, which increases costs and risk if the product fails, for example, due to incorrect assumptions. The term was coined and defined by Frank Robinson about 2001, and popularized by Steve Blank and Eric Ries. The Sheltowee Business Network has utilized this approach to release a curriculum and tools to get feedback from our early adopters.